A key focus is to establish the link between data and sustainability in the development of tourism strategies. Data analysis and technology provide a much broader view of contributions to sustainability through tourism dispersion, cultural product development, experiential opportunities, local community inclusion, regional coalitions and financial parity.
The Council prides itself in the development of sustainable frameworks by:
- Developing a bespoke platform where regional or crisis-specific knowledge can be shared to secure funding
- Using media sources and email distribution networks throughout the world to communicate lessons learned
- Connecting partners and service providers in need of solutions
- Hosting events to build internal and external awareness, as well as networking opportunities
- Identifying and showcasing services, tools and methodologies
- Publishing case studies and white papers on the Resilience Council website.
- Hosting masterclasses across the globe where the public and private sectors meet i.e. ITB, WTTC, WTM, Resilience Council Summit, Think Tanks etc.
- Providing data for press events and releases
Uniting the travel and tourism industry for sustainable growth.
It’s all about collaboration and partnerships. The Council searches the planet for best in breed travel leaders, enterprises and associations across the public and private sectors. Our goal is simple, to support destinations and businesses to minimise the impact of crisis situations, yet maximise learnings while embedding a resilient culture. It is through partnering with others, the Council is able to bring forward and highlight knowledge and experience for the benefit of many. Additionally and most importantly, we are so pleased to have the former secretary general of the UNWTO, Dr. Taleb Rifai and the current Minister of Tourism for Jamaica, Edmund Bartlett at our helm.
Our leaders, and our partners continuously, collectively and productively move the sector forward. By working with governments across the world, the Council develops a programme of Summits for highly selective audiences. This crucial platform enables leaders, partners and the media to unite, speak, share and understand the reality of crises’ challenges, impact and the ability to overcome. This approach reinforces that no travellers, destinations or nations stand alone when facing or recovering from a crisis.
The Resilience Council through its partnerships and with the full support of the Travel Weekly Group provides proactive, practical and sustainable solutions quickly and expertly supporting the sector in times of growth and challenge. It is able to connect members of the community, be it business or leisure, as well as sector associations including GTRCMC, UNDRR, UNWTO, WTTC, PATA, USTOA, ATB, Travel Cares, CLIA, and BTA.