- This event has passed.
Arabian Travel Market 2020 – Virtual Event
June 1 – June 3 UTC+0
Arabian Travel Market -Virtual Event
Count Every Second Until The Event.
Monday, June 1 2020
Tuesday, June 2 2020
9:15 – 10:15
11:15 – 12:15
Session 1: Communicating and Building Confidence Now
Even as the world refrains from travel, forward-thinking companies are communicating robustly and honestly. It takes courage and talent to send the right messaging now. Global travel leaders from different corners of the planet provide thought leadership on empathetic communication during a crisis. 45-minute session/15 minutes Q&A.
- Dr. Taleb Rifai (Amman) former Secretary General, UNWTO/ Co-Chair, Global Travel and Tourism
- Gerald Lawless (Dubai) International Ambassador, WTTC; Chancellor of the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management and Honorary President of the Jumeirah Group.
- Bernard Dunn (Dubai) Vice President, Boeing International, President, Boeing Corporation, Middle East, North Africa and Turkey
- Haitham Mattar (Riyadh) Senior Advisor, Ministry of Tourism of Saudi Arabia; former CEO, Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority.
Moderator: Ian Taylor, Executive Editor, Travel Weekly Group
Session 2: Catapulting Resilience through Technology and Analytics
Necessity is the mother of invention and the Covid-19 Crisis has driven companies around the world to develop applications and services that address varied needs as they arise and require analysis of, such as managing frontline medical volunteers, where to find demand, tracking, tracing and training. Speakers will address aspects of the crisis which offer new ways to operate in the future but require significant consideration around issues such privacy and risk of cyber-attacks. 45-minute session/15 minutes Q&A
- Tony Smyth (Hong Kong) SVP, Corporate Development and Communications, iFree Group
- Akemi Tsunagawa (Tokyo) CEO, Bespoke Ltd.
- Robin Ingle (Toronto) CEO, Ingle International and MSH International
- Carlos Cendra, (Madrid) CMO, Mabrian Technologies
- Gavin Harris (London) Commercial Director, Strategic Partnerships, Skyscanner Ltd.
Moderator: Lee Hayhurst, Executive Editor, Travolution